Flat 198m² 3 bedrooms - London
Included amenities: Wifi, Welcome Pack, Toiletries, Area Tips, Cleaning, Fridge Fill Service, Cafetiere, 24/7 Support.
Thing of the past:
Cowley Road is three bedroom, two bathroom home in leafy Barnes. This area is famous for its vast array of beautiful Georgian and Victorian buildings, so simply wandering the streets is an aesthetic indulgence. Visit the nearby sleepy Thames before swinging by picturesque Barnes Village, with its weekly Farmers market. There's nowhere else in the city that feels quite so much like the countryside, though the train goes straight to the city. So wander home over the idyllic village green for a glass of wine on the decked terrace.
Your host is a charity director who’s devoted to her work. When she winds down she loves to entertain friends over dinner in her sociably-set-up home, or indulge in the local culinary scene. In particular she likes Time Out’s favourite London tea shop, Orange Pekoe, and The Depot, a nearby riverside restaurant.
Be beguiled by Cowley Road’s blend of old and new as soon as you step into the hallway. Shimmy into the sitting
room, which exudes an atmosphere of warmth, and get lost on one of the large, cream sofas. Make the most of the light which pours in through the wooden sash window, or draw the curtains for a film on the large, flat screen TV. A wide collection of books adds to this room’s air of distinction, while over in the kitchen, an impressive dining area dominates, complete with sweetly hanging lamps. Stepping outside, soak up the suburban air from the kitchen terrace, or head down to the shared garden patio. If you’re feeling weary, pick a bedroom and get comfortable. There’s a gentle single with an antique chest and regal drapes, or a girlish double with pink peony wallpaper and a wall of mirrors. The piece de resistance, however, is the master suite on the second floor, with vintage furnishings, carefully curated fabrics, and an irresistible oak framed bed. Take a dip in the spa-style bathroom, before slipping into peaceful slumber.
There’s a world of cultural delectations on Cowley Road’s doorstep, from the former Olympic Studios (where artists such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd have all recorded songs) to The Bull’s Head, West London’s best Jazz Club. If you’d rather pursue the outdoors, head to Richmond Park, or wander the shop-lined Oxford Street, which is accessible in 45 minutes via the train from Barnes Bridge station.:
- This is a family home so there are a few signs of wear and tear throughout the home.
- The garden is shared with the neighbour who has a dog.
- This home doesn't have air conditioning. Between june and september, we'll place fans in each bedroom. Please let us know if you'd like fans outside the summer period.
- Since the onefinestay photoshoot, the kitchen and sitting room has been redecorated. We'll be taking new photographs soon.
- This home is spread over three floors with no internal elevator.
* Check in: at 16:00h
* Check out: from 8:00h to 11:00h
* Not accepted: Any kind of pet
* Security deposit: £ 1000.00-After completing the reservation the security deposit amount will be blocked in your credit card.
* Extra cost already included:
Cleaning included in the price