Munich, whose name comes from the word “monks” in German (Mönche), is Germany’s second touristic destination. This European metropolis combines traditionalism and cosmopolitanism.
Strong financial market, Bavaria’s capital has a diverse, traditional and innovative industry, esteemed universities and research centres.
Munich was the capital of the German Jugendstil during the 1990s. Its numerous museums – over twenty – exhibit all major eras. Munich’s art exhibitions and theatres perfect the city’s cultural offer. Munich is also well-known for its celebrations, in particular for its famous beer festival.
1. Cathedral of Our Dear Lady (between 30 minutes and 2h)
2. Nymphenburg Palace (half a day)
3. German Museum (between 2h and half a day)
4. Munich Residenz (between 2h and half a day)
5. St. Peter's Church (between 30 minutes and 2h)
PLACES TO GO:
MagicStay edits a calendar of the major events in the world. We have no connection with the organisers of these events.
Your trade fair has not been added to the list? let us know!