Learn more about furnished rentals in Lyon
Accommodation in Lyon: capital of gastronomy.
The second largest French conurbation, Lyon is a European and world metropolis that attracts professionals from all over the world as much for its economic dynamism in many fields as for its cultural and artistic activity but also for its reputation as the capital of gastronomy. Immerse yourself in Lyon's tradition by choosing accommodation in furnished rentals, apart-hotels or furnished apartments for short term rentals in Lyon, to enjoy your professional stay.
Short term rentals in Lyon, a city with an international reputation.
Crossed by the Rhône and the Saône, crossroads of France but also of Europe, former capital of the Gauls at the time of the Roman Empire, Lyon is a dynamic city which perpetuates its history as an industrial city. A major centre of the textile and chemical industry at the time, it is now a stronghold in the banking, financial, trade and technology sectors and is increasingly specialising in cutting-edge sectors, particularly biotechnology, as well as in the pharmaceutical and health sectors.
Moreover, its architectural heritage is remarkable, moreover, about 500 hectares of the city centre, between historic districts and prestigious monuments, were inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1998. Lyon also enjoys a certain renown in the field of arts and culture. Indeed, in December, the Festival of Lights shines internationally, attracting nearly 4 million visitors each year.
Its worldwide success is also due to its status as the capital of gastronomy. Whatever the reasons, if you come to Lyon, take the opportunity to taste good food and local specialities in the famous and typical "Bouchons lyonnais". In short, so many arguments to make your visitors' mouths water!
Coming to Lyon soon? Find your accommodation among our selection of quality furnished accommodation close to the city's major business centres and centres of interest.
Accommodation as close as possible to Lyon's biggest trade shows.
Throughout the year, Lyon organizes numerous events, congresses and trade shows of national and international scope. Among the most renowned are :
- Eurobois, an exhibition dedicated to wood processing equipment and techniques, is held every two years in February at the Eurexpo exhibition centre.
- The Rhône-Alpes Real Estate Fair to take the temperature of the Lyon region's real estate market in March at the Lyon Convention Centre (Cité Internationale)
- The Independent Winegrowers' Wine Fair, held twice a year - Eurexpo
- Le Sport achat Lyon, the meeting place for sports market professionals in March - Eurexpo
- The Lyon International Fair, every year in March - Eurexpo
- Go Digital! The exhibition dedicated to digital solutions in Lyon in May, at the Palais du Commerce et de la Bourse.
- The SIDO, a trade fair for Internet and connected objects professionals, in May at the Lyon Congress Centre (Cité Internationale)
- France air expo, international exhibition dedicated to general and business aviation in June - Eurexpo
- Intersol, international congress on solutions for polluted soil and groundwater in June
- Architect @ Work Lyon, architecture and interior design fair in June at the Halle Tony Garnier
- FIP Solution plastique, international forum dedicated to the plastics industry in June - Eurexpo
- EPE-ECCE-Europe, international conference on power electronics in September at the Lyon Congress Centre (Cité Internationale)
- Espen Congress, congress on clinical nutrition in September
- The Franchise Forum, a trade show dedicated to franchisors in October at the Lyon Convention Center (Cité Internationale)
- Equita Longines, international horse show in October - Eurexpo
- Salon du chocolat de Lyon, in November at the Lyon Congress Centre (Cité Internationale)
- Piscine global, the European trade fair for the swimming pool industry, takes place every two years in November - Eurexpo
- Funexpo, the international exhibition dedicated to funeral professionals, held every two years in November - Eurexpo
- PCH Meetings, a convention bringing together the chemical, pharmaceutical and petrochemical industries in November at the Espace Tête d'Or.
- Pollutec, an exhibition focused on future solutions to environmental and economic challenges, takes place every two years in December - Eurexpo
- The European Dermocosmetology Days, every two years in January at the ENS Lyon.
- SIRHA, the international trade fair dedicated to the restaurant and hotel business, every two years in January - Eurexpo
Furnished rental, the perfect accommodation to enjoy your stay in Lyon to the fullest.
In a city where cultural entertainment and culinary specialties are littered the streets, what better way to enjoy your stay in the capital of gastronomy than by renting furnished accommodation for a short period of time, and why not even extend it. All the furnished apartments, apart-hotels and studios offered on MagicStay have a private, fully-equipped kitchen, numerous facilities and services to make you feel at home!
For professionals on a long mission, travelers who are coming for training, consultants, expatriates, impatriates or even seconded workers who need to settle in Lyon for a few months, the furnished apartments and apart-hotels selected by MagicStay are also perfectly adapted for long-term rentals unlike hotels. Indeed, carefully selected and secure, they include all the necessary equipment and services and provide you with 24/7 assistance if you need it for a stay in complete peace of mind. In addition, to make your search for long-term furnished accommodation easier, the mobility lease simplifies your rental contract, making it quicker and easier to settle in.
Whether you're passing through for a few days to attend a trade show, decide to extend your stay on a bleisure trip or drop off your suitcases in Lyon, find the accommodation that best matches your criteria on MagicStay.
What to do, what to see when you go to stay in Lyon?
Take advantage of your stay in Lyon to discover the cultural, architectural and of course gastronomic riches of this incredible city.
Book a flat in Old Lyon.
Situated in the Saint-Jean district, Old Lyon encompasses the historic part of the city with its remains dating from the Medieval and Renaissance period and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you can discover the superb 12th century Saint-Jean Cathedral and its astronomical clock erected in 1598 by Nicolas Lippius. Then you can stroll through the cobbled streets to observe the facades and photograph the Renaissance courtyards before settling down to the table of a famous cork.
To get lost in the traboules.
These little shortcuts, which allow you to reach the streets of Vieux-Lyon by crossing the city underneath apartment buildings, are a must to discover! Although there are about 500 of them, only 80 are open to the public. Among the most famous, the traboule de la Tour Rose is particularly interesting. These public passages contain architectural treasures and to discover all their secrets, opt for a guided tour.
Stay in Lyon, in the Fourvière hill district and visit the cathedral.
This hill overlooking the centre of Lyon was chosen by the Romans to found the city. Today it is known as "the hill that prays" and for good reason, it is overlooked by the impressive Basilica of Fourvière. Inaugurated in 1896, it was designed by the architect Pierre Bossan. Its imposing appearance, 86 metres long, 35 metres wide and 48 metres high houses superb mosaics inside. From the esplanade of this impregnable citadel, one can admire a superb panorama of the entire city. It can be reached either on foot via the 228 steps of the Montée des Chazeaux and then via the Rosaire gardens, or via the string, the Lyon funicular.
Looking for a furnished rental in Lyon, in the Croix-Rousse district.
Located on the hill of Croix-Rousse, nicknamed "the hill that works", it is an emblematic district of Lyon, thanks in particular to its inhabitants, the Canuts. At the time, these silk workers lived in these large buildings with high ceilings and wide windows, specially designed to house their looms. From the top of the hill overlooking the city at a height of 250 meters, the view is superb and the change of scenery is appreciable. One also admires, Boulevard des Canuts, the immense trompe l'oeil fresco.
Going in the footsteps of the Roman Empire.
From the city of Lugdunum (Lyon today) capital of the Gauls founded in 43 BC, there are still admirable testimonies, especially on the hill of Fourvière. We can discover the Grand Theatre, built in 15 BC by Augustus, where tragic or comic shows were given as well as the Odeon, built in the middle of the 2nd century, rather reserved for orators, politicians and philosophers, musicians and poets. It should be noted that every summer, the Fourvière Nights festival is organised there.
Find a short term rental in Lyon, near the Place Bellecour and the Place des Terreaux.
Direction the Presqu'île to discover the Place Bellecour, dominated by the huge statue of Louis XIV on horseback. This 62,000m2 square is the largest in the city but also the largest pedestrian square in Europe. Continue your journey by the one that the inhabitants of Lyon consider to be "the most beautiful square in Lyon": the Place des Terreaux and its sublime fountain by Auguste Bartholdi, the famous sculptor who also designed the Statue of Liberty of New York.
Find accommodation in Lyon, near the Museum of Fine Arts.
Stay on the Place des Terreaux to visit the Museum of Fine Arts, which is none other than the second French museum after the Louvre! Housed in the former Ladies' Abbey of Saint-Pierre, it houses a collection of European sculptures and paintings from the 14th century to the middle of the 20th century as well as an Antiquities Department devoted to the civilisations of the Mediterranean basin.
Stay in Lyon center and work up an appetite at the Halles Paul Bocuse.
No need to introduce him, Paul Bocuse is one of the masters of French cuisine. He gave his name to this covered market in the 3rd arrondissement, which is home to the best Lyonnais and regional specialities and offers only quality products. Enough to take a few souvenirs in your luggage!
Book your furnished apartment in Lyon, near the Parc de la Tête d'Or.
Located in the 6th arrondissement, this 105-hectare park is the largest in the city but also one of the largest in the country. Come and recharge your batteries, visit the zoo which is home to more than 400 animals, stroll in the botanical garden and stroll in the incredible Roseraie which is internationally renowned, or take a pedal boat ride on the lake.
Taste some specialities of the region in a "Bouchon Lyonnais" restaurant.
It is impossible to pass through Lyon without tasting the traditional dishes of French cuisine. Here, they are tasted in a Bouchon, a typical restaurant where emblematic dishes such as pike quenelles, Lyon salad, grattons, rosette, brioche sausage, cervelle de canut, Saint-Marcellin, praline tart... all accompanied by a glass of Beaujolais: a good franquette atmosphere guaranteed!
Find your tailor-made accommodation for your professional stays anywhere in the world with MagicStay.
TO SEE ABSOLUTELY:
- Croix-Rousse district
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Old Lyon
- Place des Terreaux
- Tête d'Or Park
- Place Bellecour
PLACES TO GO :
- The corks
- The banks of the Rhône
Calendar of events at Lyon
MagicStay publishes a calendar of the main events in the world. MagicStay.com is an independent company that has no commercial or legal links with event organizers. The names of these events are registered trademarks and the property of the organizing companies.